Have you been injured because of someone else’s actions? You may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Whether you sustained injuries from a car accident or you were injured at work, there are a few things you can do to make sure you are rightly compensated. The first step is finding a legal team that specialises in personal injury.
Let’s have a look at your rights following an injury:
Know your legal rights with road accident claims
The next few days following a car accident can be a worrying time. You’re not sure if you’re at fault, or whether you should take further action or seek compensation. While the best idea is to contact a lawyer for legal advice right away, you should also make sure to do the following:
- Contact your insurance company as soon after the accident or injury as possible
- Take the time to read and understand your insurance policy so that you are aware of your coverage. If some of the terms confuse you, seek further legal advice from a lawyer who specialises in personal injuries
- Get as many details of the accident as possible that you can then present to your solicitor
- See a doctor as soon as possible if you have been injured
- Keep a written account of any conversations with the other driver, insurance companies, and any other people involved in the accident and the insurance claims process.
- Make an appointment to see a lawyer who specialises in personal injuries
- Never admit liability. Leave that to your lawyer
- And never give anything in writing to any insurance staff without first seeking legal advice
- And remember, do not accept any settlements, or sign any waiver documents you are unsure of from the insurance company unless first seeking legal advice
What to do with a workplace injury claim
If you’ve been injured either at your workplace or as part of your work, you may be eligible to make a workplace injury claim. Whether you’ve suffered a fall, or you’ve sustained lifting or muscular injuries, the right legal advice just might ensure you’re not left out of pocket. The work injury compensation and benefits you may receive depend on the severity of your injury, when it happened, the law you’re covered by, and the state you live in. A good lawyer will be able to guide you on advice around personal injuries sustained in the workplace.
How much you may receive will depend on your specific information. You may receive payments that are equal to a percentage of your weekly earnings and for all reasonable medical and associated expenses. You can claim a lump sum if your personal injuries have caused permanent impairment.
Are you ready to seek legal advice regarding your personal injuries?
When a person has suffered personal injury or lost a family member in a motor vehicle accident, even a workplace incident, you need to seek legal advice as soon as possible. If a victim has been hospitalised, legal advice should be obtained on their behalf.
And at Geldard Sherrington Lawyers, our team leads the way in compensation claims. Located in Pialba, Queensland, phone the team on 07 4194 5422 and talk them through your needs today. View our entire service range online.